Monday, December 24, 2007

Postcard Progress

Sometimes it's the little things that make you happy.
I just love how these two match up!

The postcard provided in the Solsilke kit is a nice way to mark how much is left of the pattern on my sweater. Also, it's fun to see that the apples are not the same as the sweater photographed. The postcard sweater has stockinette apples, and the Solsilke/Susanna Hansson pattern uses garter. They not only pop with color, but burst with texture!

I'm not sure if the postcard image is from a museum piece, or a test-knit by the Solveig/Susanna duo. (Perhaps I should check the back of the postcard!) The apples in the larger gauge sweater in Poems of Color introduce a third treatment to the apples. Interesting, this lack of continuity.

Looks a bit like a sombrero, yeah?
I'm just loving the process of this sweater. The photo was taken somewhere around row 38-- there are only 70 colorwork rows in this design. I've certainly slowed down to enjoy it. :)

The fabric is really, truly fuzzy.

Unblocked sweater underbelly.
Lots and lots of floats!
Unfortunately, I might just finish the colorwork over the holiday.
Let's see how long I can drag this out...

14 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Just gorgeous!

CathyCate said...

What a great photo, with the postcard! Wow!

The different pattern directions are indeed interesting. ("Fascinating, Captain.")
Maybe you need to start the sleeves so you can ration out the colorwork as a reward....

Merry Christmas! Be safe and warm, and enjoy time with family! And knitting time, of course.

Allegra said...

vnrthe sweater is turning out beautifully, i can't wait to see the end result!

Guinifer said...

Wonderful and lovely!

Merry Christmas to you.

Deepa said...

Fabulous photo with the postcard...almost seamless. Very clever.

So...does the love of colorwork mean the sweater might languish when it's miles of stockinette? ;)

Looks like another State Fair purple ribbon to me. :)

Kitt said...

Wow. That's beautiful.

Merry Christmas!

Diane said...

Lovely!

Pat said...

That is a GORGEOUS yoke!

Stacey said...

that is beautiful! I can't believe how close it matches to the postcard! that is so neat!!!!

fluffbuff said...

That is so, so beautiful. And you are knitting at a very good pace, too.

Happy holidays!

yarnlot said...

This will be a lovely Bohus!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is SO pretty.

Carrie said...

Wow, this is beautiful! The different patterns don't surprise me--when I took Susanna's Bohus class, we all used the same pattern but everyone's cuffs looked different due to gauge & "interpretation" of the pattern.

My sweater's been hibernating, I think I should get it out again!

Holly said...

That is absolutely stunning. And once you are to the body, it will go to mindless knitting that you can enjoy while relaxing and basking in the beauty of the apples.

I am safe from this pattern only because these are so not my colours!

-Holly